UNV is committed to protecting your privacy. If, when using this website, we ask you to provide information from which you can be identified, it will only be used in line with this privacy statement.
UNV may occasionally change this policy by updating this page. You can stay informed of these changes by checking this page. This policy is effective from 5 July 2020.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name, organization and job title;
- contact information (including email address);
- demographic information (including gender, preferences and interests);
- IP addresses, browser and device information and geographic location; and
- other information relevant to the knowledge portal.
What we do with the information we gather
We are committed to keeping your data safe. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have appropriate physical, electronic and management procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
UNV will not share, lease or sell your information to any other organization for marketing purposes.
We reserve the right to use your information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, especially to:
- improve our knowledge products and portal;
- send periodic emails with UNV-related information, details of new events or other information you may find interesting to the email address you provide;
- contact you from time to time for specific knowledge tools (by email, phone or post); and
- customize our digital products in line with your interests.
A cookie is a small file you allow to be stored on your computer’s hard drive. If you agree, the file that is added helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a specific site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic-logging cookies to identify the pages being used. This helps us analyse traffic data and improve our site, tailoring it to the needs of users. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes. The data is then removed from the system.
Cookies help us to provide you with a better website, letting us monitor pages you find useful and pages you do not. A cookie never gives access to your computer or any personal information, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. Please note, this may mean you cannot take full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites or applications. If you use these links to leave our site, please note we have no control over other websites or applications. This means we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide while visiting these sites and they are not covered by this privacy statement. Exercise due caution and read the privacy statement of the corresponding website.
Responsibility of users
UNV may ask its stakeholders and community to share their photos and videos with the public on the knowledge portal. This material is called User-Generated Content (UGC).
UNV Knowledge Portal users acknowledge UGC is treated as non-proprietary and non-confidential. If you send us material by email, by tagging content on a social network, or via a specifically designed upload site, you grant UNV irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide rights to use, reproduce, modify and publish the material elsewhere on its websites and in its publications. You also grant UNV the right to use the name you submit in connection to UGC. You will still own your UGC and may continue to use it as you like (including allowing others to use it).
Conditions of use
When you submit content or share material with UNV, you must only submit or share your own original content. If your content contains the work(s) of others (e.g. music, images and videos) you must have obtained the rights or permissions needed to use that material.
If your content clearly identifies others, you must ensure they have given consent to UNV to use the content. If your content clearly identifies children under 16 years of age, you must ensure their parent or guardian has given consent as set out above.
UNV also requires that you do not submit or share any material or information that:
- is knowingly false or misleading, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, threatening or invasive of a person’s privacy or unlawful in any way;
- you do not own or for which you have not obtained all licences and approvals required by law;
- is technically harmful (e.g. files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programmes that can damage the operation of another person’s computer);
- involves the impersonation of any person or entity or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with any person or entity;
- has been modified to remove author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels;
- falsifies its origin or source; and
- includes advertising or offers to sell goods or services, conducts or forwards surveys, contests or chain letters, or involves the downloading of a file, posted by another user of the UNV website, that you know or reasonably should know cannot be legally distributed in such a manner.
Any inappropriate content will be rejected or removed from the UNV website. If in doubt, please do not share content with UNV. You agree to indemnify UNV for all costs, expenses, liability or losses resulting from you posting or transmitting to any of our websites any material prohibited under the paragraphs above or any applicable laws and regulations.
UNV is entitled to reveal your identity (or any information it holds about you) to any third party that claims the material violates any of their rights or to any government or regulatory authority that requests UNV to do so.
Controlling your personal information
You can choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, there will be a box explaining exactly how the information will be used.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for campaign tools, you can change your mind at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are legally required to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties we think may be of interest to you if you give your consent.
You can request details of any personal information we hold on you from email@example.com.
If you believe any information that’s we hold on you is incorrect or incomplete, contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any incorrect information.